- Early Bird ticket £149 + VAT until 13th March, then £300 + VAT
- Course lead by Luke Hay
About the workshop
UX Brighton are proud to announce our first workshop. We have partnered with UX Consultant and analytics specialist Luke Hay to bring you a workshop on using Analytics for better UX. As this is our pilot workshop we are able to offer a discounted rate making this course great value for money.
We’re limiting the number of places to ensure that the course is intimate and focussed on helping you learn how to apply analytics to User Experience in just one day. The course will focus on Google Analytics but will also touch upon other analytics packages and techniques. We’ll look at analytics from a UX perspective highlighting practical uses and helping to demystify the data.
Knowledge of analytics will help to make you a better UXer because you’ll be able to:
- Back-up your discussions with data
- Quickly getting a big picture of what’s going on with your products
- Help your team understand what’s actually going on
- Find out which areas of your product need work
- Decide where to focus qualitative research
- Guide your company to better decisions
We’d like to keep this event intimate (15 spaces to be precise), so get your ticket quick, before they’re all gone.
If you have questions please feel free to email Luke. If there are specific things you’d like to see covered in the workshop, we’d love to hear about those too.
Specific activities & outcomes
You’ll learn how to:
- Discover device specific issues
- See how people interact with elements on a page
- Find out where the problems are in your site
- Grouping content, by template for example, to see which sections or page genres need work
- Architecture, including search
- Analyse user journeys in order to quickly see how people navigate through your website
- Set up funnels to track how well your design is working for specific user goals/tasks
- Find ways to increase conversions
- Create persona based segments to see what your personas are up to.
- Choose what tool to use for measuring
- Customise Google Analytics to show the data that’s most relevant to your site both for yourself and your client using dashboards and custom reports
Who is this for?
UX people who feel they should have more of a handle on the data side of things. Anybody can practice UX but we’ve tailored the workshop to:
- Visual designers
- Product owners
- Content strategists
- UX designers
- Interface designers
- App designers
Luke Hay is a UX Consultant who has done plenty of user testing, from teenagers to pensioners, dress-makers to body builders, but is also an expert in analytics. Google analytics can be a difficult beast to tame. There are over 500 different default reports, not to mention an almost limited amount of custom reporting options. It’s not a tool that’s easy to pick up without some guidance and that’s where this workshop will help.
- been using Google Analytics for 7+ years
- trained a wide-range of people on how to get the most from Google Analytics
- analysed over 100 different websites
- used analytics to inform major design changes
"Luke’s training gave me a very solid and clear grounding in how to work with Google Analytics – his process is very methodical and helpful"
—Ellen de Vries, The Copyhouse
"Luke provided clear and structured training, taking the team from novices to competent Google Analytics users in a short space of time"
—Laura Bevans, Wired Sussex
"We found the Google Analytics training session really useful and wouldn’t hesitate in recommending Luke’s services to our clients"
—Stuart Bellis, Code 7