UX Brighton 2016 Attendees Guide
Hello lovely UX Brighton 2016 attendee,
There’s not long to go! Please take the time to read the information below so you know what to expect on the day - don’t miss the bit about the after party.
- There are plenty of hotels and B&Bs to stay in Brighton, some recommended ones include The Granville Hotel, MyHotel, Jurys Inn and the Ibis. A good site to check availability is hotels.com
- Brighton is well served with public transport and parking is expensive, so if you can avoid driving, please consider travelling by train or bus.
Southern Rail have planned strikes this week. There will be reduced services running
- Check your return train on the live Departures board
Doors will open at 9am for registration. Complimentary pastries and refreshments will be available
Please be seated by 9.50am so you don’t miss anything
We have added more flat seating this year as we are aware that the bleacher seats don’t have a lot of leg room
Schedule for the day
- Here’s what the day’s schedule looks like
Complimentary breakfast pastries (from 9am), and coffee, tea and water will be available all day, courtesy of Crunch, will be available in the Foyer cafe which we have exclusive use of
Drinks can be brought through to the auditorium
There will be 3 breaks during the day
Lunch is not included, however there are several places to eat close to the venue eg Al Duomo, All Bar One, Bellota Bar Y Tapas, The Chilli Pickle, Donatello, Food for Friends (vegetarian) Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Pinnocchio, Pizza Express (Jubliee Street & Prince Albert Street) and many, many more
There’ll be a place to leave your coat etc (although we’d suggest you don’t leave your laptop or any valuables as we’re not insured)
One of our volunteers will keep an eye on things throughout the day
There will be wifi at the venue so feel free to tweet, blog, make notes during the day.
- Name: UX Brighton, no password required
- We have an official photographer at the event but you are welcome to take your own pictures and videos.
- Please tag with #uxbri2016
- Did you know we have a Slack group? Join here and make some new UX friends before and after the event. Introduce yourself in the #introduce channel
- Say thanks to our lovely micro sponsors whose generosity has sponsored the after party (tokens will be handed out at registration).
- Reward Cloud https://www.reward.cloud
- Madgex https://www.madgex.com
- Webcredible http://www.webcredible.com
- Wired Sussex http://www.wiredsussex.com
- Clearleft http://clearleft.com
- Pragmatic Web https://www.pragmatic-web.co.uk
- ProdPad https://www.prodpad.com
- Ozkan Accountants http://ozkan.accountants
- Danny Hope Ltd http://dannyhope.co.uk
- The party is a 10 minute walk from the Corn Exchange, and nice and close to the Station, so you can easily squeeze a couple of drinks in, before you head home
Media Molecule are looking for a UX Designer and a Server Developer
Sponsors & Supporters
- Many thanks to those companies and individuals who have sponsored and supported UX Brighton 2016
- And our partners
Reminder about tickets
- We are unable to issue refunds or transfers.
- Of course you’re welcome to sell or give away your ticket - just tell the person to give the original name on the ticket, as that will be on the name badge and delegate list.
- Ticket sales end Thurs, November 3rd.
- We can’t take payment on the day. Sorry.
Thanks for reading, we look forward to seeing you on the 4th!